No, I’m not talking about the rose oil, unfortunately. One day, I will have saved enough to buy such a precious oil, but today, I’m talking CLEANSE. A cleanse can mean many different things to many different people. Now, I won’t go into all the intricacies of a cleanse here, but I will underline a few points and the rest you can easily find on your own 🙂
- Everyone needs a cleanse, especially as the body ages and the toxins accumulate.
- It has never been more important to maintain a fully-functioning, healthy liver.
- Let’s focus on alkalinity – many researchers believe that most diseases can be linked to blood and intestinal acidity.
- The ideal program and the frequency can vary significantly from one to another. Discipline & water are key elements (and chlorinated tap water is a whole different post!).
- Fasting has been dubbed ‘nature’s single-greatest healing therapy’ and one can cleanse completely through fasting, but very few people can sustain this for an extended period of time.
- The Master Cleanse (or Lemonade diet), which is delicious in my opinion, provides certain nutrients to sustain the body and help with the cleansing.
- for each 8-oz glass, squeeze juice from 1/2 fresh organic lemon
- add 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- add up to 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper
- fill glass with distilled water
- Depending on your blood type*, your intake of this cleanse may vary.
*This I have to read up on since I never gave blood-type related food and such much credibility.
For more information and more cleanse recipes, see Aroma Cleanse from Life Science Publishing (Aroma series booklets).